SSM is one of the premier organization in Marathawada which founded “Krishi Vigyan Kendra” in Oct, 2011 with a view to spread agricultural knowledge and technology among the small farmer and weaker section of society. The KVK is an institutional project of ICAR to demonstrate the application of science and technology input of agricultural research and education on the farmers field and in the rural area with the help of multidisciplinary team of scientist.
SSM is working in the Nanded district for the upliftment of socio-economic status of farmer, rural youths and school dropouts by conducting various short duration as well as long duration training programs. KVK has introduced various low cost technologies in the field of agriculture to raise income of farming by conducting various programs, on farm testing and other demonstrations on the farmer’s field.
KVK is known for rendering its best services to the farmers of the districts. Also this center has been nominated as a technical training center by various line departments to brush up their extension functionaries for technical knowledge.
- Conduct “On Farm Testing” for identifying technologies in terms of location specific sustainable land use systems.
- Organize front-line demonstrations on various crops and techniques to generate production data and feedback information.
- Organize training for the farmers to provide them theoretical and practical knowledge of improved agriculture technologies.
- Conduct In-service trainings are also conducted for extension functionaries
Krishi Vigyan Kendra – A Unique system
- More than 25 live demonstration units under one roof
- One of the best KVK farms, more than 50 acre of land showcasing the frontier technologies
- Front runner in Technological Application, Information and Inputs
- Well-equipped Infrastructure, for creation of valuable resources in terms of manpower and assets
- Knowledge hub for rural farmers
- Entrepreneurship development through secondary Agriculture
- Convergence with other organizations for dissemination and generating district specific agriculture technologies
- Act as pivotal centre for exchange of information for future research and development
- Young, Dynamic and experienced team of experts with 24 X 7 availability